Follow me on Twitter! twitter.com/XPinkChampagne

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Thursday 15 December 2011

Failsafe Recipe

My first recipe post! If your not the most confident in the kitchen a failsafe recipe is a must have for sure.  Mine is a Blueberry and Lemon Drizzle cake, I just can't seem to go wrong with it.  It's a Marks&Spencer recipe.

Serves 9.

225g Butter plus extra for greasing
225g golden caster sugar
4 eggs beaten
250g self-raising flour sifted
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
25g ground almonds
Juice of 1 lemon
200g fresh blueberries

Topping:
Juice of 2 lemons
115g golder caster sugar
55g icing sugar

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a cake tin and line with baking paper.

Put the butter and caster sugar in a bowl and beat together until light & fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a little flour towards the end to prevent curdling. Beat in the lemon rind, then fold in the remaining flour and the almonds with enough lemon juice to give a dropping consistency.

Fold in three quarters of the blueberries and spoon into the prepared tin. Smooth the surface, then scatter the remaining blueberries on top. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

Meanwhile, make the topping. Put the lemon juice and caster sugar into a bowl and mix together. As soon as the cake comes out the oven, prick it all over with a fine skewer and pour over the lemon mixture. Mix the icing sugar with a little water and drizzle over the cake. Leave in the tin until completely cold, then cut into squares.

Try it! And let me know how you get on...

Lyndsey.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment