Follow me on Twitter! twitter.com/XPinkChampagne

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Monday 28 February 2011

Maybelline New Product Review & Rimmel Mascara

So I'm not normally one to be sucked into advertising but Maybellines new advert did intrgue me somewhat.  So the very next day I went to my local drug store and decided to purchase 2 of their new products.

                                   Their anti-age primer and the gel eyeliner you apply using a brush!



   I used the tester of the primer  in the store and tried it of my hand and my skin went beautifully soft and I thought would make a perfect base for my foundation.  The next day before applying my make up I used the primer, and just as suspected, my skin went beautifully soft and silky and made my foundation look amazing.  I had been using this for about 1 week when I started to notice my skin was coming up in spots and blemishes.  At first I put this down to hormones but they just wouldn't go away!  I read on someones elses blog that the same thing happened to them when they used a BodyShop primer!  It never occured to me before then that it could be the primer!  I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine.  I am absolutely gutted as before it did this to my skin it did just the job!  Has anyone had a similier experience with Maybelline or any other brand??



But on a plus plus plus note their gel eyeliner is an absolute beauty!  I didn't even know that their was such a thing as brush on eyeliner!  It look a few attempts to get used to it but now I wouldn't use anything else.




I also want to rave about my new Rimmel Lash Acccelerator Mascara.  This is the best mascara I have ever used.  It does exactly what it says.  And it doesn't pull my eyelashes off when I'm taking off my make up at the end of the day!


As you can see the brush has fine bristles and it doesn't come out all clumpy. 5 stars for this!

I hope I will be able to find a primer that my skin wont hate in the near future! :)  If you have any suggestions let me know if the comments below.

Thanks guys! xx

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!
    Love the eye liner!


    Visit me @
    http://luckysparkle.blogspot.com

    Your newest follower,
    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete