Follow me on Twitter! twitter.com/XPinkChampagne

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Thursday 12 May 2011

Plump and Quilted

I sort of got "stuck in rut" shall we say.  I went through a period of time over the winter of having really bad skin for some reason.  So to sort that out I went and got Estee Lauders double wear foundation.  Oh how I loved it.  It completely covered the "signs of youth" ie spots and evened out my pink tones to reveal a flawless look that looked nothing like the skin I owned.  Heavenly.  But now it's coming up to summer I wanted more of a natural look.

I went to my local Chanel counter at House of Fraser and asked them to remove all my makeup, which look about 15 minutes, very embarrassing, so that I could see if their foundation dries my skin out and check out the overall effect as I still wasn't totally convinced it would be the right one for me.  But I think that was because it's such a difference between Double Wear and Vitalumiere Aqua. 

The next day I used a tinted moisturiser

And then on top of that I used my Chanel foundation.

Foundation £31 Lipstick £22.50
The results for me were incredible.  The tinted moisturiser evened out my uneven skin tone which made a perfect canvas for my foundation.  The foundation itself is very build able so you can have a day look and a night look just by building on it.  I also got a Rouge Coco lipstick in 46 Liberte.  The best lipstick I've ever used.  It's quite sheer but has amazing staying power. I would definitely recommend. So get the girls at the counter to help you.  The girl that helped me was really nice.

Has anyone seen this before? 


It's new to me.  I've got thin lips so anything to pump them up a bit!
I haven't used it long enough to see if it does plump them up but what I will say is that is does really hydrate and nourish and stays on glossy so makes a great gloss.  Definitely worth keeping in your handbag this summer.  I got this from Sainsburys for £3.99

I'm never going to be able to afford a Chanel handbag so I was really happy when I saw this bag in Jane Norman.  I think it's a really good replica.  £25.


See you soon! xx

1 comment:

  1. have you ever tried 'sexy mother pucker' from soap and glory for plumping your lips? i swear by it.. even though i already have quite plump lips. its amazing and you can really feel it working.

    http://lauranbrianna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete